Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello: I started this blog in response to many of my customers questions over the course of my business career of evaluating and restoring wood antique furnishings. During the past 30 years I have encountered many myths relating to the craft of antique restoration. Some of these myths were repeated so many times until they became "facts" or even took on a life of their own. I noticed early on that there were lots of experts in the field who were passing on erroneous information in an effort to be different, to be informed above the average, or just to get noticed.

This blog is intended to dispel some of those "facts" and have some fun doing it. In the process, I welcome other viewpoints and experiences, all of which might serve to better educate all of us. During class lectures, I noticed the "facts" seemed to bore students to the point that some actually nodded off. But each time I recounted a true story relating to the subject, everyone instantly became wide awake.

I still work full time restoring antiques as well as teaching on the community college level so I will post here as my time and schedule permits. I also enjoy writing short stories and spending as much time on the back of a horse as I can. In the course of this blog, I will also include some of those experiences as well.


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to more posts and promise not to nod off during the fact-sharing.

    ReplyDelete